Ash Grove Medical Centre
To make life easier and more convenient for you, we are introducing a facility which enables you to order your repeat prescriptions online and will eventually be used to book appointments online.
My Health Online is part of a Welsh Assembly Government initiative to improve patient care through better use of IT and information. It is brought to you by NHS Wales Informatics Service working together with your GP Practice.
Before you can start using MHOL, you must register your details at Reception. You will need to provide some proof of identity. When you have done this you will then be provided with PIN numbers to register online and set up your account.
We have listed the most common FAQ’s regarding ordering repeat prescriptions online below:
Patients Frequently Asked Questions
It is important to register on My Health Online as soon as possible after receiving your registration letter.
- Why do i need to provide proof of my identity?
- It is important to make sure that the person applying for an account is ‘who they say they are’ in order to protect patient confidentiality, maintain the security of the system and prevent potential misuse of access. Security is very important to us and this is one of the safeguards that have been put in place.
- Is my infomation in My Health Online secure?
- The privacy of your information is very important. Your information is securely held by your GP, and information visible through the website is protected using the highest standards of internet security. The only individuals who can see your information is your GP and other practice staff. If you lose your security details at any time or believe that someone else may have used your password or gained access to your account, contact the practice straight away, by telephone or in person.
- Is there a charge for using My Health Online?
- No, there is no charge for patients who use My Health Online.
- I have forgotten my password/log in details? .
- Please contact your practice, who will generate a new letter for you with new registration details. You may be asked to answer your security question you gave during registration.
- How do i manage my repeat prescription online?
- Log on to you’re my Health Online account.
- At the bottom of the page you will see your repeat prescriptions tab.
- You can make a choice to
- Make a request
- See request details
- List of your repeat prescriptions Please allow 48 hours for your practice to process your request. It is advisable to check again online to ensure your request has been approved by your GP Practice.
- If you don’t have any prescription requests waiting you will be advised of this. You may need to contact your practice as you may be due for a review.
- I have an arrangement with my practice to pick up my medication at my local pharmacy, will this change?
- No this will not change. You will collect your medication the same way you did before. Ensure you leave 24-48 hours from your prescription been approved online before you go to your pharmacy
- How do I know if my request has been approved?
- After you order your repeat prescription online, wait 24 – 48 hours to check the status of your request. If it has been approved you will see accepted next to your request. If it has been rejected your will see an ‘r’ next to your request. This may be because you are due for a review. You should contact your practice for further information.
- I need to order my medication urgently, can i do this using My Health Online?
- My Health Online should not be used in an emergency situation. If you require medication urgently please contact your practice directly.
- I have changed my address details, what happens now?
- Your practice will be notified of any changes you make. They will either accept your changes or in some cases may decline these changes. If your practices decline’s your changes this may be because you have moved out of the catchment area. You should contact your practice to discuss.
- I don’t have access to the internet at home, can i still use My Health Online?
- Yes, you can use My Health Online from any computer that is connected to the internet. Free internet access is available from all libraries in Wales.
- My practice offers this service to Under 16’s, how does this work?
- A parent can register to act on behalf of a child under 16 years of age. When the child reaches the age of 12 a yearly review will take place to ensure the child is happy that their parent/guardian still has access to their account. All parental access will be removed when the child reaches 16 and they will need to register in their own right.
- I have recently moved - do I need to re-register with my new practice?
- Yes, if you have moved to a new area and registered with a new GP practice you must re-register to use My Health Online in your new practice. My Health Online is not currently available to all GP practices in Wales.
- I was using My Health Online and walked away for a moment. When I returned I found I was logged out of My Health Online?
- My Health Online has a time out function, which means if you are logged in and no activity has occurred in over 20 minutes the system will automatically log itself out. This is to prevent another user from accessing your account. You will need to log back in to complete your session.
- What computer/hardware do I need to use My Health Online?
- My Health Online can be accessed from any PC or device providing it is connected to the internet. You will need a valid e-mail address to access My Health Online.
- I am having trouble accessing the website. What do I do?
- Before you contact your practice please ensure you
- Can view other websites, example Google, if you cannot then it is likely there is a problem with your PC or browser.
- Ensure you are using the correct link.
- Ensure you are adding the link to the address bar at the top of the screen and not the search engine.
- I have changed my mind and don’t want to use My Health Online anymore?
- Please advise your practice and they will remove you from the system.
Request for a My Health Online Account
My Health Online is a new online service brought to you from NHS Wales. My Health Online offers patients the convenience to order repeat prescriptions using the internet. Depending on your practice you may also be able to make appointments online or change your contact details. If you wish to register to use My Health Online please fill in the boxes below. To protect patient confidentiality you must provide documents so we can make sure you are who you say you are. When you next visit your practice please return this form and provide identification, preferably photo ID (e.g. driving licence or passport).
Request for a My Health Online Account
Please set up a My Health Online Account and issue me with a letter containing my account details.
Date of Birth
The following sections to be completed by practice staff.
The following checks should be completed before a patient can receive access to My Health Online.
- Patient’s identity verified by document …………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………
- Details of documents checked and added to the GP system
- Patient’s name and date of birth checked on this form and updated on the clinical system. (if necessary)
- Registration process and next steps to registration explained
- Patient Guide and Frequently Asked Questions provided to patient
- Advise patients to register their online account over the next 24 – 48 hours